Friday, November 15, 2013

Let's Talk about HATS baby!

Let's talk about one of my favorite accessories!  HATS!  I remember as a little girl I was drawn to hats, I loved the ones with the veils, so mysterious, and fine.  As a young woman I wore hats to church, I always wished we attended the churches where all the women wore elaborate fancy hats EVERY week.  I think more women should pick up this accessory... Don't be afraid!  Start with a casual "newsboy" style on a Saturday while running errands.  A casual hat like this one can be a God send when you just don't want to go through the trouble of washing your hair.  Unlike the ever familiar ball cap it's SO much more stylish!
Hats give you a air of confidence, a that little "who's that girl?" a bit of mystery comes in each hat. Hats are much like the fans of old they hide your eyes a bit and give you that chance to glace up, half hidden by their veil.  I feel transported by hats into a English garden, a 1940's pin up girl, when wearing my large sun hat, a pop star... For a more glamorous look wear a larger brimmed hat AND NEVER! EVER!! wear it on the back of your head!!! OMG this is my pet peeve you are not trying to replicate a sunflower!  A good hat should be worn straight down on the head.  When you wear a hat on the back of our head like a big satellite dish waiting for a signal - it looks like you have no idea what you are doing!  Part of the allure of a hat is that your suitor is not seeing it all....  So pick up a hat! Try it on and let me know if your inner Audrey Hepburn comes out... I bet she does ;)

"Cock your hat - angles are attitudes"
Frank Sinatra

 

No comments:

Post a Comment