Saturday, March 29, 2014

Big and Beautiful How it's Done!

 
Most recently I was with a friend who said "You must take me shopping and help me look good!"  She was a little over weight and thought I knew how to dress...SURE!  Then the demons of self-doubt crept in ... I mean I know how to make me look good, when a bit larger lets face it for 30 years my mom and I have been battling the bulge, sometime me sometimes her sometimes both!  We have often almost cried in the dressing room, while the other "the coach" would say "Oh that must be made small...Need me to get the next size?  Just for comfort of course!"  Or we just start saying can we go get ice cream now!!! But would I really be able to help someone else?  Well the answer was YES I CAN!  We had a fabulous time found great pieces and all the things that I had learned were great rules for her as well, even though we are not exactly the same shape of big.  So Big and Beautiful Girls here you go!
 
 

5 Things Every Fat Girl Can Do To Be FABULOUS!

 

1.  WEAR THE SIZE THAT FITS! Please get over the number....I don't care what the label size is if it's tight, bunching, pulling etc.. it says UGLY!  Just go ahead and head to the big girl section and get the right size.  A 2X that fits makes you look 100 times prettier than a 12 you can't fit in!  No one sees the size but you get over it!  It's a number nothing more nothing less.  If it takes a 24 get a 24 and rock it!
 
2.  GO GET FITTED FOR A BRA!  If you do nothing else do this. There are fabulous fitters in most department stores and in some of the "Women's" stores. Then get a bra that lifts and separates them puppies!  I put my friend in a new bra and WOW WEE MAMA!  And I don't wanna here "I want comfortable" ...please if you have mammoths to lift it takes some squeeze! ALWAYS wear an underwire, and for God's sake get one that covers those puppies NO muffin boobs!  I don't care you use to be a 38D you are now a 42H when you wear the right size you actually look smaller!  YES!  Wearing a bra too small looks like a una-boob!
 
3.  DON'T BE AFRAID OF SKINNY!  I learned this lesson while shopping with my mom a few years back the "women's" store had black leggings for sale, and we were both like "What big girl needs to wear those!?!"  Well I was pleasantly surprised that by defining my legs (which is the one part of me that looks good almost always) I looked skinnier.  NOW there are some limits girls.  No overweight person ever wears leggings without a FULL coverage length shirt/dress.  NO spandex, and stick with black, or denim no wild patterns, those are for slimmer girls.
 
4.  LAYER!  Anytime you can wear a sleeveless shell in a solid color usually dark then layer a tailored jacket or sweater over it .. DO IT!  It always looks good to make a line down the body.  In the summer this can be hard but look for fitted tanks (do not wear alone...them chicken arms are not for public consumption) and a shear top over -- making sure both are big enough to not hug curves.
 
5. CONFIDENCE!  Nothing looks better on anyone than confidence.  And when the girls are standing up and all of your clothes fit and are tailored to your hour glass you will already be half way there! 

No comments:

Post a Comment